Friday, 10 October 2008
Dua is Rememberance
1. " When my servant asks you (O Muhammad) about me, (tell them) I am close to them: I listen to the prayer of each supplicant when he asks Me. Let them listen to My call and believe in Me, that they may walk in the right way "
2. " Your Lord says: " Call on Me and I will answer your call "
3. " Those who believe and whose hearts find rest in the remembrance of God, for in the remembrance of God do hearts find rest "
4. " Remember Me, I will remember you; thank Me and reject Me not "
5. " Remember thy Lord much and praise Him in the evening and morning "
6. " Such as those who remember God standing, sitting and reclining "
7. " and men who remember God much and women who remember God, God has prepared for them forgiveness and a vast reward "
8. " O you believe! Remember God with much remembrance and glorify Him in the morning and evening "
Prophet Muhammad (:Sallallaahu 'A ) said
1. "There is a polish for everything that removes the rust and the polish for the rust-of- heart is the dhikr (remembrance) of God."
2. He was asked which people are most virtuous and most highly esteemed by God on the Day of Judgement. He (:Sallallaahu 'A ) replied "Those who remember God often."
3. It is narrated in a hadith Qudsi (direct revelation to Prophet Muhammad (:Sallallaahu 'A ) "God Most High says I am as my Servant - think I am. I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me by himself, I make mention of him to Myself. If he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assembly better than his. If he comes closer to Me a hand span, I come closer to him arms-length, if he comes to Me walking, I come to him running."