Thursday 1 April 2010

Lemon Meringue Tarts

I have always wanted to try to make meringues and lemon tart as I know my dh is a great fan of tarts (the edible type that is!). So when I saw this and knowing I had lemons in my fruit bowl I headed for the kitchen.
lemon and meringue pie
I have never really been a fan off lemon tart or pie as it is always to citrus and tangy. Now once I had made mine and it was hot out of the oven I had two naughty slices right away. What a delight to my taste buds, tantalizingly tangy but not over bearing. You have got to try it inshaAllah!

lemon and meringue pie
I did not have the mini tart cases for baking so I made a big one and my meringue needs some work................it really took ages to whisk but it looks like it needed more but this didn't effect the taste at all.
tea pot
brioche
brioche
crochet rose brooch

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salaam sis... one word - YUM! I haven't made these in ages sis!

Anonymous said...

Salaam... You said the egg white took a long time to whisk to make the meringue... did you use a plastic bowl or glass/ceramic bowl? If you used plastic then maybe that is the problem; plastic tends to hold grease residue even after washing up and even the tiniest amount of grease or egg yolk in your whites can ruin them so they won't whisk up well. So: no yolk in it at all and no plastic bowls!

Rainbow In The Grey Sky said...

i used plastic and the blender.maybe this was my problem? Also when i went to add the sugar i used the measuring cup that had lemon juice in it previously and i had a feeling this may have done some damage? Thank you for the recipe and tips !

Prayers for Peace

Prayers for Peace