Thursday 3 December 2009

Eid Al Adha 2009

It felt like it was Eid Ul Fitr just yesterday. I didn't really have any plans as such . Prayers in the morning naturally to star the Eid day. I picked up these dates for breakfast Photobucket
I cooked some different dishes for Eid day , treats mainly for the family.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I made Raffealo Truffles the recipe can be found here , thank you Henia!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Then there was the Kheer
Photobucket
I also decided to make Tripe to get into the spirit of Eid North African Arab style much to everyone's horror. No one else likes it so i made a big pot that took hours but worth every minute and i froze it in batches all for me!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket Iused an Algeria recipe known by the name of Backbooka.
Next day for Eid i took the children to the Circus as a treat from me . We headed to Hyde Park , London where part of the park has been converted into a Winter Wonderland so we got a whole load more.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Hyde Park Winter wonderland!
Hyde Park Winter wonderland!
Hyde Park Winter wonderland!
Hyde Park Winter wonderland!
Hyde Park Winter wonderland!
We was hoping to get some out door ice skating in but it was raining so we headed home.

2 comments:

Emma said...

Masha'Allah your sweet treats look delicious!
I made Henia's 'rocher truffles' a while back and they were fantastic!- even better than Ferrero's. Insha'Allah I'll give the Raffealo ones a go this weekend.

Unknown said...

Esalaamu aleikoum,

Machallah looks like you have wonderful Eid sis!

Your sweets looks great! It was easy huh ... LOL! I tried making bakouka once ... but never again no sucess for me with stomach and intestines ... dh not eaten thel since LOL!
Kheer looks interesing ... I aill try this! Circus was nice for the kids I am sure ... I miss activities like that here in DZ but o well ... kids keep me busy! =)

Prayers for Peace

Prayers for Peace