Sunday 20 January 2008

We should move forwards not backwards, shouldn't we?

Thinkging about progress, religous progress, now in deen (faith) we should apply what we learn and move forward not after a certain struggle or hardship loose grips on our faith and move back wards right? OK example i was wearing hijab lets say for 3 years and now i took it off , another one , i was praying on and off for 3 years and now i stopped altogether. Something is wrong right? so now you notice you are slipping on little things then it becomes easier to say yes to the bigger haram elements, you start slipping with the smaller first then saying yes becomes easy and then when the bigger issues come along ,saying yes will be easy too.
So how do we self check how do we keep in line , what do we do when we realise we are slipping? how do you cope , how do you renew yourself and how often ?

4 comments:

Adventurous Ammena said...

thats a good thing to think about sis, we need to constantly be checking where we are slipping.. if you read my wordpress blog for me at the moment its praying witr at the end of the night and waking for fajr :( insha'allah we will all be able to get through these little tests to make us stronger for the bigger ones.

Fruitful Fusion said...

Assalaamu Alaykum,

This is one that really gets you thinking. I think waking ON TIME for Fajr is one I subconsciously use as an evaluation mark. Sometimes I find it extremely difficult to check myself as I get so caught up in the "current" of daily home life. There's a really nice checklist I came across on someone's blog recently. Umm Yusef (Southern Muslimah) I think. Something to check everyday.

Sis, I really had NO clue it was you! I was baffled as I saw the links to the forums, but didn't want to ask "WHO'S RAINBOW???" Ma sha Allah. Looking forward even more to your posts! :)

Sketched Soul said...

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister,

Masha'Allah lovely post, interesting way of stating it!

All our little sins are like firewood, and when you put them all together the fire they make is really really big! So to slip slightly people think is okay.. but eventually you end up so far down!

So we must constantly check our deeds and our intentions. And continuously make istigfaar so Allah helps us..keeps us from crossing that fine line.

For me personally, there are things like praying salaat on time, if I don't feel like it..it means something is wrong! (like a red light). So I make myself go, and read Qur'an after.

Pondering over the Qur'an.. always, always helps me renew myself, alhumduliLlah. I try reflecting on the meaning everyday, so I don't slip..even slightly.

Jazak'Allah for you time.

Lovely blog, masha'Allah. I really like the colours..it makes me happy.

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

Rainbow In The Grey Sky said...

wa alakum aslam saffiyyah
jazakallahu khyrun for your comments , you are very kind my dd1 did the blog back ground for me , iam not techie one bit!!

Prayers for Peace

Prayers for Peace